Friday 30 May 2014

Bed



From the "Frightmares Collection"




Can you hear me breathing? 
The Darkness calmly said.


A Shadow clinging to the wall replied,   
Yes I hear you, loud and clear , may I join you by the bed ?
 

Swiftly and silently the Shadow flew across the room and stood by the bed.



Standing….



Breathing….



Slowly….



Silently….



With menace in his voice the Shadow spoke to the barely sleeping child 

Can you feel me touching your tiny little head ? But I will not hurt you….yet, 
I have many things to enjoy with you. 
Games to play. 
I will be back soon to see you again



Curtain flapped as if you announce its presence,  

You are cruel Shadow, can you not sense the child is scared?


I know 

Fun isn't it, to scare these poor young things when we are not able to harm them?



You should be ashamed Shadow, why do you do it ? 


I don't , they do it for themselves making scares out of nothing, to keep themselves awake



The child lay in bed in terror listening to Shadow, Darkness and Curtain as they talked to each other, only hoping they would go away so it could go to sleep.



Anyone seen Floorboard or Cobweb tonight ? Darkness asked .



I am here, creaked Floorboard as the dropping temperature made it creak even more 
Ooo that is better, nothing like a good long creak to get the children scared, he he he



Cobweb had been watching and listening to all this muttering and decided to join in the fun by dropping from the ceiling to glide effortlessly and softly onto the child's face.



A scream rent the air.



Darkness, Curtain, Shadow and Floorboard all laughed with glee as the child ran terrified from the room.



You are all too cautious dear friends, spoke Cobweb, with a smile You have to SCARE the children not cuddle them



Behind the child  the door slammed shut and all the bedroom monsters melted into the gloom to wait for her return.


No comments:

Post a Comment